Chicken a la King
- 4 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small green pepper, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 t salt
- 1/4 t pepper
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups cut up cooked chicken
- 1 jar (4 oz) whole pimento, chopped
- Waffles (much better than toast or mashed potatoes...trust me!)
- Melt butter in 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Cook bell pepper and mushrooms in butter, stirring occasionally, until bell pepper is crisp-tender.
- Stir in flour, salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until bubbly; remove from heat.
- Stir in milk and broth. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Stir in chicken and pimientos; cook until hot.