Cherry Almond Bread
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 t baking powder
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/2 cup dried tart cherries (chopped)
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 8 T unsalted butter (melted and cooled)
- 1 t almond extract
- Preheat an oven to 350°F. Lightly grease an 8-by-4-inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add the cherries and toss to distribute evenly.
- In another bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, butter and almond extract. Add the milk mixture to the flour mixture and stir until combined. Do not overmix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake until the top of the loaf is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 55 to 60 minutes. Transfer the pan to a wire rack and let cool for 10 minutes. Turn the loaf out onto the rack and let cool completely before serving. Makes 1 loaf.