- 1 1/2 lb thinly sliced rib eye
- 1 large onion
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 cans (56 ounces) whole tomatoes
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1 bottle dark beer
- 2 medium stalks celery (about 2 cups)
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 6 hot cherry peppers, sliced (add more if you like it HOTTER!)
- 1/3 red beans, drained
- 1/3 black beans, drained
- Cook and stir rib eye, onion and garlic in 6-quart dutch oven until meat is light brown.
- Add chili powder, salt, and sugar. Mix well.
- Stir in tomatoes (with liquid), celery, Worcestershire sauce, tomato puree, beer, and peppers.
- Prepare Weber grill for indirect cooking.
- Place dutch over on grill away from coals. Add a handful or pre-soaked mesquite chips to charcoal.
- Heat uncovered to boiling; continually adding chips; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 1 hour.
- Stir in beans. Heat to boiling; reduce heat.
- Simmer uncovered until hot, about 15 minutes. (For thicker chili, continue simmering, stirring occasionally, until desired consistency.)