Cheeseburger Onion Rings
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ¼ lb cheddar cheese, cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 large white onion
- 1 cup flour
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups panko bread crumbs
- Oil, for frying
- Heat oil in a pot over medium heat to 350℉
- In a bowl, mix together the ground beef, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Peel and slice the onion into 1-centimeter rings, and detach the rings from each other.
- Take a spoonful of the beef mixture and press it into the bottom of a ring.
- Push a cheddar square into the center of the beef.
- Seal the top with another spoonful of the beef, pressing it flat.
- Repeat with the rest of the rings.
- Place the flour, eggs, and bread crumbs into three separate bowls.
- Dip a ring into the flour, shaking off excess, then into the egg, the bread crumbs, then back to the eggs, and one last time into the breadcrumbs.
- Repeat with the remaining rings.
- Fry the rings for 5-6 minutes, until deep golden-brown.
- Drain on a paper towel, then serve with ketchup!