Citrus and Herb Chicken
- 3 to 4 lbs. bone-in chicken parts
- 2 oranges, sliced
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tbsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 to 3 fresh thyme sprigs
- 2 to 3 fresh rosemary sprigs
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400 F.
- In a bowl, combine olive oil, garlic, orange juice, lemon juice, dried oregano, paprika, diced onion, red pepper flakes, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place half the orange slices and half the lemon slices at the bottom of a baking dish.
- Arrange the chicken pieces on top of the sliced orange in the baking dish, and season to taste.
- Top the chicken with the thyme, rosemary, and remaining orange and lemon slices.
- Drizzle the orange-lemon juice mixture all over the chicken.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake, uncovered, for 45 to 60 minutes.