Vanilla Blueberry Loaf Cake
- 1 1/2 c all-purpose flour, plus 2 tablespoons
- 1 1/2 c fresh or frozen blueberries (thawed and drained, if using frozen)
- 1 c sugar
- 1 c (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 c Greek yogurt
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 t vanilla extract
- 1 t lemon zest
- 1 t baking powder
- 3/4 t salt
- powdered sugar, garnish
- Preheat oven to 350º F and grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan with butter or non-stick spray.
- Mix 1 1/2 cups flour, baking powder and salt together in a medium bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl or mixer, cream together butter and sugar until fluffy and lightened in color. 4-5 minutes.
- One at a time, beat in eggs, waiting for each to be incorporated before adding the next, then mix in vanilla extract and lemon zest.
- In batches, alternate between adding in flour mixture and Greek yogurt, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients. Mix until only just combined.
- In a separate bowl, toss blueberries in remaining flour (this prevents them from sinking to the bottom of your loaf cake), then gently fold them into your batter.
- Pour batter into greased loaf pan and place in oven. Bake for 55 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool 20-30 minutes before removing from pan.
- Dust generously with powdered sugar and serve warm or at room temperature.