Orzo Pilaf with Mushrooms
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, saute mushrooms and onion in oil until tender.
- Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute longer.
- Add the broth, orzo, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-14 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Stir in parsley.