Submitted by Kerri Fleming, Easton, PA
NY Maple Apple Pie
- 1 - 9 inch double pie crust
- 6 cups baking apples, peeled & sliced (about 2 lbs.)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon or apple pie spice
- 3 tbs cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place bottom crust into pie plate.
- In large bowl combine apples, sugar, spices, and cornstarch.
- In another bowl combine the syrup & cream.
- Pour over apple mixture and then carefully into pie shell.
- Place remaining crust on top, seal & flute.
- Brush with milk and sprinkle sugar on top.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes until crust is golden brown.