Mom's Baking Powder Biscuits
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons shortening
- 3/4 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a bowl mix the flour, baking powder and salt. Add the shortening and mix until in little pieces. Add milk a little at a time and mix until it forms a ball.
- Roll out on floured board to 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch thick. Cut out in desired size and dip in melted shortening. Place biscuits on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.