Mint Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- 1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled to lukewarm, plus more for cooking
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon pure mint extract (See Cooks' Note)
- 3 to 4 drops green food coloring (optional)
- 3/4 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips, plus more for topping
- Whipped cream, for serving
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving
- Store-bought or homemade hot fudge sauce, for serving
- Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into a bowl.
- Whisk together buttermilk, egg, butter, extracts, and food coloring (if using) in a small bowl. Add to dry ingredients and stir until incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet or griddle over medium heat. Add 1/2 tablespoon butter; it should sizzle and melt almost immediately. Ladle 1/4 cup of pancake batter into skillet for each pancake, taking care not to let the pancakes run together. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, until bottom is golden brown and edges begin to bubble, then carefully flip and cook for 1 to 2 minutes more. Transfer to plates. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve warm with whipped cream, vanilla ice cream, hot fudge sauce, and more chocolate chips, if desired.