Submitted by Javotte Riehl, Easton, PA
Javotte's Turkey Stuffing
- 1 loaf white bread, dried and broken into 1" pieces
- 1 onion
- 4 stalks celery
- 2 T Oil
- 1 cup chicken or turkey stock
- 1 - 12 ounce can creamed corn
- 2 T poultry seasoning
- Salt & pepper
- Giblets (optional)
- First thing Mom always did was pull the bag of giblets out of the turkey and throw them in a pot of water. You can add some onion and celery as well. Boil until cooked. Reserve liquid (stock)
- Dice onions and celery into 1/4" pieces and saute in oil until tender.
- Put dried bread in large pan or bowl.
- Add celery, onions, creamed corn, and poultry seasoning. Mix well.
- Chop giblets finely and add to mixture.
- Add reserved liquid a little at a time until a thick consistency is reached.
- Mix well.
- Add to turkey or cook separately. Cook per instructions.