Submitted by Kerri Fleming, Easton, PA
Elsie’s Pennsylvania Dutch Potato Salad
- 1 lb. bacon
- 5 lbs. red potatoes
- 6 green onions
- Small bunch of parsley
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 eggs
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Salt & pepper
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 cup red vinegar
- Cook bacon, dice & set aside.
- Boil potatoes for 20 minutes, peel off jackets and dice. (My family prefers the skins on and it is delicious either way).
- Combine bacon & potatoes, and add green onions(chopped) & a small bunch of parsley minced. Pour dressing over top and serve.
- Mix together 1 cup sugar, 5 beaten eggs, 2 tablespoons flour, salt & pepper to taste.
- In a double boiler combine & bring to a boil 1 cup of hot water and 1 cup of red vinegar.
- Once you reach the boiling point, add egg mixture, stirring continuously until thick.
- Refrigerate leftovers.