Creme Brulee - Lactose Free
- 6 egg yolks
- 6 T white sugar, divided
- 1/2 t vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 lactose free milk
- 2 T brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Beat egg yolks, 4 tablespoons white sugar and vanilla extract in a mixing bowl until thick and creamy.
- Pour cream into a saucepan and stir over low heat until it almost comes to boil. Remove the cream from heat immediately. Stir cream into the egg yolk mixture; beat until combined.
- Pour cream mixture into ramekins.
- Place ramekins in oven proof pan half filled with hot water.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes. Remove from oven and cool to room temperature. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Sprinkle 1 tablesppon sugar mixture over top of each serving.
- Torch top until sugar is carmelized.
- Refrigerate until custard is set again.