- 2 cups fresh kumquats
- 1 cup sugar
- Cut fruit finely and remove seeds.
- For each cup of fruit add 2 cups of water. Bring the water and fruit to boil and simmer until the skin is very soft.
- For every cup of cooked fruit and water add 1 cup of sugar.
- Bring to boil and rapidly cook until jells.
- Bottle hot in sterilized bottles and seal.
- Cook in batches of 4 cups fruit/liquid to 4 cups sugar at a time instead of making all the marmalade at once. Repeat with other batches.
- I find that this usually only takes about 20 minutes to cook and produces a light marmalade whereas cooking it all at once does not allow the liquid to evaporate as quickly and can produce darker marmalade.