- 3 T butter
- 4 T flour
- 1 1/4 t salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 T butter
- 2 T onion, minced
- 1/4 cup water
- 20 oz. frozen spinach, chopped
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Melt 3 T butter in a small saucepan on med-low heat.
- Stir in flour and salt until creamed together.
- Stir in milk a little at a time. Increase the heat to medium. Constantly stir with a whisk until mixture is thick and smooth.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Melt 2 T butter in a 2 quart saucepan over medium heat, add onions and cook until transparent. Add spinach and water to pan, lower the heat and cover. Stir several times until spinach is almost completely cooked.
- When spinach is almost done, add white sauce, sour cream and Parmesan cheese. Stir well and simmer until completely blended.