Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
- 1 lb large mushrooms
- 6 T butter
- 3 green onions, minced
- 3 to 4 T minced red bell pepper
- 4 oz crab meat
- 1 cup fresh fine bread crumbs
- 1/4 t salt
- 1/4 t Cajun or Creole seasoning blend
- 1/8 t pepper
- 2 T Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash and trim the end of stems from mushrooms. Pop remaining stem out.
- Chop stems and set aside.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter; brush over mushrooms.
- Spray a shallow baking dish (about 8-inch square, or one which will fit mushrooms in one layer) with butter-flavored spray or grease with butter.
- Melt remaining butter in skillet; add reserved chopped stems, minced green onions and red bell pepper. Cook until vegetables are tender.
- Combine cooked ingredients with bread crumbs, crab meat, and seasonings.
- Fill each mushrooms, piling up.
- Sprinkle each mushroom with a little Parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Bake at 350° for 15 to 20 minutes, until hot and mushroom caps are tender.
- Makes 16 to 20 stuffed mushroom appetizers.