Submitted by Hank Raymond, El Toro, CA
Captain Hank's Southern Style Ba-Be-Q Pork Ribs
- 10 lbs. country pork spare ribs
- Papaya or mango juice
- 5 tbs. Montreal steak seasoning
- 2 cups hickory flavored barbecue sauce
- 3 tbs. honey
- ½ cup cinnamon applesauce
- ½ tsp. liquid smoke
- 8 oz. crushed pineapple
- 2 packets Sweet and Low
- Marinate pork ribs in papaya juice for a minimum of two hours.
- Prepare sauce by mixing together barbecue sauce, honey, applesauce, liquid smoke, crushed pineapple and Sweet and Low. Set aside.
- Remove ribs from juice and rub steak seasoning into meat.
- Sear the ribs. Turn down heat and begin turning constantly to cook.
- Begin brushing on sauce after the ribs are ¾ done.
- Turn down heat and keep brushing on sauce.
- Cook until done (about 20 minutes).
- When finished, place ribs in a covered pan and let breathe for five minutes before serving.